Compass Group – Improving the Effectiveness of Finance
“Arcus was able to help us to unravel what the real cost drivers of the business-supporting finance team are, and shine a light on those areas. We’ve now put projects in place with a view to ultimately changing the way we do business within Finance.”
Paul Galvin, Finance Director UK & Ireland, Compass Group plc
How can we improve the effectiveness of our business-facing finance team so that expectations match delivery and its structure better reflects our business priorities?
How we helped
- Interviewed people at all levels within the organisation to understand their expectations of Finance and what they were actually receiving from it.
- Analysed the finance function to discover where tasks were demanding disproportionate effort and time in relation to their business value.
- Provided an objective and detailed analysis of how well expectations of the business-facing part of Finance were being met, and where improvements could be made.
- Communicated our findings and recommendations through presentations to key staff to ensure business-wide understanding in preparation for next steps.
- Provided an objective benchmark from which to assess finance function performance and measure improvement.
- Provided an assessment of the change needed and a language with which to communicate with business and finance colleagues.
- Defined a series of specific improvements and identified achievable targets for implementing change.
- Laid a solid internal foundation for a multi-faceted finance transformation project now underway.
All Case Studies
“Arcus was a natural fit with Compass; they were easy to work with, they spoke our language, listened, and were flexible enough to fit in with the plans we’d already put in place.
They’d clearly been through similar processes with other companies and come out the other end.”
Martin Hill, Financial Controller, UK & Ireland, Compass Group plc