Arcus Consulting worked with the senior business management teams to define the strategic business priorities. They then worked with the Finance leadership to re-design the Finance organisation to provide efficient reporting and analysis through a shared support centre, alongside transforming finance business partners to challenge and influence their business colleagues.
How we helped our client:
- Working with two business sectors – Defence and Naval – to define which areas to focus on, and to identify the strategic gaps in capabilities of the Finance team today
- Re-designed the Finance organisation, roles, and measures to deliver efficiencies, and to add more value to the business
- Designed and scoped a shared reporting and analysis centre to free up time and improve planning and reporting processes
- Developed a clear road map and implementation plan to transform Finance
- Mobilised senior stakeholders and the Finance leadership team into action.
- Transforming Finance from a team of accountants adding up the numbers to business partners adding business value
- Implementing a centre of excellence for planning, reporting and analysis
- Focusing on business strategy, business decision-making, and business improvement projects like contract pricing, programme performance, life cycle management and investment priorities
- Journey to transform skills and capabilities for finance business partnering
- Clear and separate roles for business partners and finance analysts in the business support centre.
Arcus Consulting helped us to realise how much more value Finance can add to our business teams. We are shifting away from being a team of accountants producing reports and budgets, to being finance business partners, challenging and influencing the business teams to grow profitably. The experience and collaborative approach of Arcus is pretty unique, and has really helped our business.
We’ve been talking about a new Finance vision for many months but frankly have made little progress in this area. Arcus Consulting made a big difference by holding a mirror up to the finance teams, and helping them come to terms with the difficult reality of their effectiveness in the business. Arcus being independent and highly competent proved to be a key change enabling factor to energise the teams into action.